Request local development pre-application advice
Before applying for planning permission, you can use this form to request pre-application advice on your local development proposal.
In order to complete the form you will need to upload some supporting information.
- A completed local development pre-application form
- A clear description of the proposed development
- The address of the application site
- A location plan to clearly identify the location and dimensions of the site
- Proposed site layout plan which outlines the application site in red, including a north point (dimensions to be shown or to scale, preferably at 1:500 or 1:200)
- North point
- Include access to the public road
The more details submitted the more detailed a response we can provide so there is also a desirable list which would be useful but we would not invalidate an enquiry to obtain these.
- An ordnance survey based location plan which outlines the application site in red (scale preferable to 1:2500 or 1:1250) and additional land owned in blue
- Proposed development layout plan and site sections
- Elevational drawings
- Drainage provision (if applicable)
- Photographs of the site
- A Design Statement
Delays may occur if essential information is missing from your request. Invalid requests that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be progressed unless all the requested information has been submitted.
View planning applications privacy notice (pdf 48.2KB) to find out what we do with your data.