Register a new birth
All fields on this form are mandatory unless marked as optional.
All births in Scotland must be registered within 21 days. The birth can be registered anywhere in Scotland.
Every registration provides one EC58 form, one abbreviated birth extract and an option to purchase any full extracts.
After your form is submitted, we will send you an email confirmation. We will also phone you to schedule two appointments:
- telephone registration appointment
- document signing appointment at your preferred Aberdeenshire registration office
To start the form please confirm you understand the following:
- You might be convicted for giving false information as per Section 53(1) of the Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages (Scotland) Act 1965
- You are the mother of the child and unmarried or you are the mother, father or second parent of the child if married or in a civil partnership
- For any other circumstance please call 01467 468468
- You have the registrars information sheet document ready to upload
- You have the marriage or civil partnership certificate (if applicable) available to upload
- You have a payment card to hand if you would like to order any full birth extracts during this application