Details |
Site of 'The old house of Dod'. Warden noted (1880) that 'though called a castellated fortalice or keep, it was a paltry place'. It stood immediately east of the present farmhouse, and was pulled down shortly before 1880. The farmer at Mid Dod in 1967 stated that the building now used as a bothy was formerly the old farmhouse and may be on the site. It is a low, single-storeyed building and shows no trace of antiquity. On its north-east corner are the figures '36', presumably indicating 1836.
|