Details |
Road bridge over the River South Esk, no longer in use. It is shown on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps as carrying the main road, but current maps show a new bridge to the east is now used. It is a rubble-built, single-arched bridge, with a large segmental arch and parapets that widen at the approaches. There is an inset stone dated 1769, and a sundial dated 1770 on the east face that is supported on a carved corbel depicting a water kelpie. The bridge is in a poor condition.
|