Angus HER - NO54NW0046 - OLD CHURCH, LETHAM

Print site NO54NW0046 Feedback on site NO54NW0046

Main Details

Primary ReferenceNO54NW0046
NameOLD CHURCH, LETHAM
NRHE Card No.NO54NW60
NRHE Numlink 196607
HES SM No.
HES LB No. 4606
Site Form Standing Structure
Site Condition Complete 2
Details The former church at Letham, which lies just South of the square. It was a Chapel of Ease, built in circa 1830 by William Paterson for James Hawkins. It is depicted on the OS map of 1846 as 'Church - Quoad Sacra'. It is an oblong building, built of rubble and slate with a square battlemented tower. It became disused, and was taken over as a joiner's workshop. A photographic survey was carried out in 2007. The church has since been converted for residential use.
Last Update11/08/2016
Updated Bynackerman
Compiler 
Date of Compilation 

Easting: 352980.261554647, Northing: 748766.165933133

Google Map for NO54NW0046

National Grid Reference: NO 5298 4876



Event Details

Event DateEvent TypeOASIS ID
2007 Building Recording

Excavations and Surveys


Artefact and Ecofact

Ecofact

Samples
Palynology
Ecofact Notes

Monument Types

Monument Type 1Monument Type 2Monument Type 3OrderProbability
CHURCHESRUBBLE-BUILTDISUSEDA100
WORKSHOPSJOINERDISUSEDB100
TOWERSSQUAREBATTLEMENTEDC100