Aberdeenshire HER - NJ70NW0011 - ST MARY'S CHURCH, KINNERNIE

Print site NJ70NW0011 Feedback on site NJ70NW0011

Main Details

Primary ReferenceNJ70NW0011
NameST MARY'S CHURCH, KINNERNIE
NRHE Card No.NJ70NW12
NRHE Numlink 18526
HES SM No.
HES LB No. 16272
Site Form Standing Structure
Site Condition Incomplete
Details Remains of church, dedicated to St Mary. Thomas de Lundin gave the church to Arbroath Abbey in 1178. The parish of Kinairnie was united with Midmar in 1740, leading to the demolition of the church, leaving only low rubbble walls. A bell dated 1642 was transferred to Midmar Church in 1788. There are mortsafes in the churchyard.
Last Update02/09/2019
Updated Bycpalmer
Compiler 
Date of Compilation 

Google Map for NJ70NW0011

National Grid Reference: NJ 7253 0958



Event Details


Excavations and Surveys


Artefact and Ecofact

Ecofact

Samples
Palynology
Ecofact Notes

Monument Types

Monument Type 1Monument Type 2Monument Type 3OrderProbability
CHURCHES REMAINS OFA100
BELLS SITE OFB100
MORT-SAFES  C100
STONESGRAVE D100