Aberdeenshire HER - NJ71NE0207 - KINTORE STATION

Print site NJ71NE0207 Feedback on site NJ71NE0207

Main Details

Primary ReferenceNJ71NE0207
NameKINTORE STATION
NRHE Card No.NJ71NE166
NRHE Numlink 188562
HES SM No.
HES LB No.
Site Form Standing Structure
Site Condition Complete 2
Details Kintore railway station, depicted on historic OS maps, opened in 1954 and closed in 1964. The 1st edition shows the station and sidings to the north. The 2nd edition also shows several signal posts, a footbridge, crane and weighing machine. It was a three platform station, two on the main line and the third on the west side for the Alford branch which diverged from the main line just to the north of the station. on the northbound platform was a small stone building and later timber building. There was a turntable for the branch line. the platforms remain, but much of the goods yard is now occupied by housing. Most of the original structures have been removed, but a new Kintore station on the site was opened in October 2020.
Last Update15/10/2020
Updated Bycpalmer
CompilerCP
Date of Compilation09/03/2018

Easting: 379086.292533886, Northing: 816674.560790797

Google Map for NJ71NE0207

National Grid Reference: NJ 7908 1667



Event Details


Excavations and Surveys


Artefact and Ecofact

Ecofact

Samples
Palynology
Ecofact Notes

Monument Types

Monument Type 1Monument Type 2Monument Type 3OrderProbability
STATIONSRAILWAY A100
PLATFORMSRAILWAY B100
TURNTABLESRAILWAYSITE OFC100
SIGNAL-POSTSRAILWAY D100
CRANES SITE OFE100