Moray HER - NJ13NE0023 - ST PETERS/BELLEHEIGLASH

Print site NJ13NE0023 Feedback on site NJ13NE0023

Main Details

Primary ReferenceNJ13NE0023
NameST PETERS/BELLEHEIGLASH
NRHE Card No.NJ13NE7
NRHE Numlink 16010
HES SM No.
HES LB No.
Site Form Documentary Record Only
Site Condition Destroyed
Details Site of St Peters Church. First records occur in the early 12th century when the church of 'St Peter of Strathowen' was assigned to the Chancellor of the Diocese. After the Reformation the church was used by the Reformed church. Kirk session records indicate a thatched roof was replaced with slate in 1633. Inveravon Parish Church now lies just to the north at NJ 1828 3759.
Last Update19/05/2010
Updated Bycherbert
Compiler 
Date of Compilation 

Easting: 318290.59, Northing: 837569.462

Google Map for NJ13NE0023

National Grid Reference: NJ 1829 3756



Event Details


Excavations and Surveys


Artefact and Ecofact

Ecofact

Samples
Palynology
Ecofact Notes

Monument Types

Monument Type 1Monument Type 2Monument Type 3OrderProbability
CHAPELS SITE OFA100
CHURCHES PRE-REFORMATIONB100