Details |
Farmstead, still in use, built in circa 1850, possibly by Thomas Mackenzie. It consists a range of single and two-storey farm buildings and cottages, constructed from whitewashed rubble and margins with tooled ashlar dressings, attenuated ball finials, crowsteps and slate roofs. The steading is a U-plan range opening to the east, and infilled with a later covered cattle court. There is a symmetrical centre two-storey, three-bay block in the south elevation with a crowstepped centre finialled gablet. To the west is a lower two-storey byre range and a rubble range to the east with modern sliding doors. The range extending to the north has two west-facing basket arched cart bays. A further two buildings run north/south, at the south comprising four basket arched cart-bays of differing heights in the west elevation.
|