Aberdeenshire SMR - NO39NW0004 - POLHOLLICK BRIDGE

Print site NO39NW0004 Feedback on site NO39NW0004

Main Details

Primary ReferenceNO39NW0004
NamePOLHOLLICK BRIDGE
NRHE Card No.NO39NW5
NRHE Numlink 32466
HES SM No.
HES LB No. 9295
Site Form Standing Structure
Site Condition Complete 2
Details Suspension footbridge across the River Dee, built in 1892 by James Abernethy and Co, Ferryhill Foundry, Aberdeen. It is an iron bridge with lattice girder pylons, wire-rope cables, road suspenders and a lattice girder span. A plaque on the north pylon commemorates the gifting of the bridge to the public by Mr Alexander Gordon, Southwood, Hildenborough, Kent. The span is circa 170 feet (52 metres). It was restored in 2015 by Aberdeenshire Council.
Last Update19/09/2017
Updated Bynackerman
Compiler 
Date of Compilation 

Easting: 334380.898255632, Northing: 796519.787260338

Google Map for NO39NW0004

National Grid Reference: NO 3438 9651



Event Details


Excavations and Surveys


Artefact and Ecofact

Ecofact

Samples
Palynology
Ecofact Notes

Monument Types

Monument Type 1Monument Type 2Monument Type 3OrderProbability
BRIDGESFOOTSUSPENSIONA100
PYLONSLATTICE B100
PLAQUES COMMEMORATIVEC100