Details |
Former free church, dating from 1843, depicted on OS 1st and 2nd edition maps, now in residential use. Built at the start of the Disruption in the 1840s, it was abandoned in 1895 and fell into ruin before being re-roofed with asbestos to become a store. It has now been converted to a private dwelling. Built of coursed granite rubble and rectangular in plan. The original bellcote in the west gable has been removed and there is now a stone chimney at this end. The west gable has an advanced central section with a large rectangular door and round-arched window to either side. The south elevation has round-arched windows and an inserted door with dormer above.
|